An Interactive Poverty Awareness Program
Shatter the myths around poverty, learn the facts, inspire service and empower advocacy!
Learn about the everyday struggles of low-income families
Low income means tough choices, day after day.
Shoes or food? Rent or medicine?
Poverty forces families to choose.
Could you live on $23,550 per year? That's the federal poverty level for a family of four!
A minimum wage worker working 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year earns $15,080.00 before taxes.
Why are working families living in poverty?
Learn about the root causes of poverty in America today!
Learn what it's like for children living in poverty!
Just Neighbors. . .
- is a dynamic interactive program that allows you to walk in the shoes of the poor, experience their frustration, and learn how to help.
- helps you understand what it feels like to be poor in the midst of plenty.
- hear children tell what its like to live in poverty
- with compelling videos, poverty simulations, large and small discussion formats, role plays...
- explorethe root causes of poverty.
- learn how to help! Just Neighbors offers "8 "Things You Can Do;" books you can read, and websites to visit.
Three versions to choose from:
- Interfaith version for congregations and faith-based non-profits,
- Community Service Edition for schools, or non-profit organizations,
- Catholic Social Teaching Edition.
Try the new Poverty Facts in your Neighborhood tool!
Or, contact us for more information.